Using WhatsApp Messenger will not be a complete social experience for you if you do not add contacts. Adding your friends to your contact list is easy when done right.
In this tutorial, you learn how to add someone on WhatsApp messenger, even if they are from another country.
This tutorial should work for WhatsApp users who use either Android or iPhone.
How to add friends on WhatsApp using their Phone Number
This is the most popular method to add someone on WhatsApp.
- Request for the person’s mobile number.
- Open the dialer app on your Android or iPhone.
- Input the phone number and save the person as a contact.
- Open the WhatsApp messenger app on your device.
- Tap the message icon located at the bottom right of the screen.
- On the next screen, tap on the three-dot icon at the top right of the screen.
- Click the Refresh button.
- Check the list to confirm that your contact was added successfully.
How to add someone from another country using an International country calling code
- Request for the contact’s number along with their country calling code. Check out country calling codes here.
- Save the mobile number to your phone, including the country calling code as the prefix. For example, +234 8101234567 (Nigeria).
- Open the WhatsApp messenger app, then refresh your contact list. The newly added contact should show up on the list.
How to invite someone to WhatsApp
You can add someone on WhatsApp if they don’t already have an account by sending them an invite.
The invite is a built-in feature that prompts the invitees to install the messenger and set up an account on their phone.
NOTE: You should have the phone number of the person before you can invite them; this is because they are going to get a text message informing them about your invitation along with a link to the Appstore.
If you don’t have their phone number, then you can invite them to join via email or other social media platforms.
How to add people directly on WhatsApp
You can skip the dialer process and add your friend to your contact list via WhatsApp messenger.
- Open WhatsApp on your Android or iPhone.
- Tap on the message icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Right at the top, click on New contact.
- Enter the name and phone number, then hit the save button to create a new contact.
- Go back to WhatsApp and click on the message icon again.
- Tap on the three-dot icon at the top right of the screen to reveal a list of options.
- From the list, click Refresh.
- Check to verify that your contact was added successfully.
Your friends can also add you to their WhatsApp contact list
The last step is to send your contact information to someone you want on your list. They can add you using the procedures above.
Once they are done adding you, ask them to send a message to you so you can see their contact profile. You should also add them afterward, so you both show up on each other’s list.
It is most likely because the number or contact information they give you is incorrect, or your WhatsApp list needs a refresh.
If you refresh your WhatsApp contact list and the contact is still missing, then restart your phone.
Contact the person for their correct information if the issue persists.
Following the steps above should be sufficient enough if you want to add someone on WhatsApp either from your country or another country.
Each method is useful for users that are on Android or iPhone.
Let us know if you experienced any difficulties, and we will be glad to assist you.