Cancelling a Spotify premium subscription is effortless; it only takes few minutes to get done.
There are some reasons why you may want to end your Spotify premium membership; either because you are not satisfied, found a great alternative to Spotify, or you need to cut expenses.
No matter what the reason is, I will show you how to cancel Spotify premium package in this tutorial.
The walkthrough will include deleting a premium Spotify subscription on:
- Windows PC.
- Mac computer.
If you cancel your premium membership before the expiration date, then your premium subscription will still be active for the duration of the membership. Your account will then become a free membership account at the end of the duration.
Cancelling your premium plan only suspends the auto-renewal until you subscribe again.
If you end your Spotify premium membership, you would not be able to get a refund unless you did not make use of the account. In that case, you will have to contact the Spotify support for assistance.
Otherwise, you can keep using the membership until the end of the duration of the subscription.
How to stop Spotify Premium on Android and iPhone
Android or iOS users can unsubscribe from Spotify premium by following the steps below.
- Launch a web browser on your phone, then open Spotify.com web page.
- Enter your account details on the login page to access your account.
- You can log in to your Spotify account using a Facebook account or an email address.
- On the Account overview page, scroll down till you see the Manage plan option, then click on it to open the subscription page.
- Tap on Change or cancel.
- Scroll down on the next page till you find the Cancel Premium option, then tap on it.
- On the confirmation page, click on Yes, cancel to confirm your intention to delete the premium subscription.
- The premium plan should be stopped successfully.
How to Delete Spotify Premium on Mac and Windows PC
You can end your Spotify premium membership on Windows or Mac by following the method below.
- On your computer, open a web browser then type in Spotify.com on the address bar to open the Spotify web page.
- Right on the top right corner of the welcome screen, click on Profile and on the drop-down menu select Account to open your account page.
- On the account overview page, you will find a menu on the left of the screen. Click on Subscription from the list.
- On the Subscription screen, tap on Change or cancel to open the Change plans page.
- Scroll down to the Spotify free section, then click on Cancel Premium.
- You’ll be prompted to give a reason on why you want to cancel your subscription, and then you will be lured with attractive premium streaming offers.
- If you wish to continue, keep clicking on Cancel my subscription.
- Your Spotify premium should be unsubscribed successfully.