Youtube red is a premium Youtube subscription that offers high-quality video and audio streaming without advertisements. In other words, it is a paid Youtube membership, offering the ultimate Youtube experience.
Youtube premium costs $11.99 every month. However, if you want to cut your monthly expenses or found a better, paid streaming service like Netflix or Hulu, then it may be worth cancelling your premium Youtube subscription.
This tutorial will guide you on how to cancel or stop a Youtube red subscription on all devices, including PC, Smartphone, and iPhone.
Cancelling Youtube Premium on Android Devices
Follow the steps below to stop Youtube red on Android.
- Open youtube on your smartphone using the app or a web browser.
- Sign in to your account if you weren’t already signed in.
- Click on your profile image to reveal a dropdown menu.
- On that dropdown menu, you should see an option: Paid memberships. Tap on that option.
- Select the subscription you want to end and click on continue to proceed.
- On the following screen, you will be prompted to give a reason for the cancellation. Hit the next button once you are ready to proceed.
- To confirm that you want to end your Youtube premium plan, hit yes, cancel. That is all!
Stopping Youtube Red on iPhone or iPad
Cancelling Youtube premium on iOS devices takes only a few minutes. Get started below.
- Launch Youtube on a web browser or via the Youtube iOS app.
- Sign in to your account when prompted. Don’t worry about this step if you are already logged in.
- Click on your profile picture round icon.
- From the list of dropdown options, click paid membership and choose the subscription you want to stop.
- You should be redirected to the Manage Apple subscriptions screen.
- Select your subscription again and click on the Cancel button.
Cancelling Youtube Premium on Mac, Linux & Windows
- Open a web browser on your computer, then click this link to open the Youtube membership web page.
- Select the subscription you want to cancel and click the deactivate button.
- On the following screen, select the reason why you want to end your premium membership.
- Confirm your intent by clicking yes, cancel.