Do you want to download Instagram stories but don’t know how to begin?
You have come to the right place!
If you want to know if you can download Instagram stories
then your answer is YES!
You can absolutely save stories from Instagram to your device.
In this article,
I will be showing you reliable and risk-free methods to save Instagram stories to your PC, Android or iPhone.
Warning: As a result of following every step by step guide accurately, you will be able to save your own Insta story as well as the stories other people post on Instagram.
Please note that every process in this guide will be easy and straight forward.
What is Instagram Story?
Instagram story, very much similar to Snapchat’s story feature, is a feature that gives users, like you and I, the ability to share videos and images that disappear after 24 hours.
In other words, stories do not last forever!!!
Our stories, like everyone’s, normally don’t appear on the Instagram feed or profile grid.
However, they appear as round icons at the very top of the feed.
We can see the stories of people we follow on Instagram, and people who follow us can see our stories too.
How to Make Instagram Story
Sharing an Insta story is very easy and can be done for a number of reasons:
- Promoting a product, brand or cause.
- Posting your best moments with followers.
- Sharing an educative or informing post.
Stories are very useful for marketing and personal use.
Follow the steps below to create your own Instagram story.
1. Launch the Instagram app
Open your Instagram app and select the feed or home tab.
2. Click on your story icon
There are some round icons at the top of the page. That is the story section. Click on “your story” icon.
3. Select a story effect
Your story can have different effects:
- Normal story.
- Go live.
- Text story.
The choice of effect to use is your call.
4. Select an image or video for your status
You can select an image or video by tapping on the square icon on the bottom left of the story screen.
You can write on the media file, add stickers, effects or draw on the image using the marker tool.
5. Upload a direct video
You can upload a direct video recording by holding on the round white icon.
You can also upload a direct photo by tapping on the same icon.
Ensure to edit your media file before uploading to your story.
You can add location, hashtags, stickers, or polls.
How to view and reply to the Instagram story
You can view your own IG story or that of someone you are following.
Follow the steps below:
- Open your Instagram app.
- Go to the home or feed tab.
- There are some round icons on the top of the page.
- Click on it to view the story.
- There is a message bar at the bottom of the story page.
- Enter your response in it or tap on any of the quick reaction emoji.
How to know who has seen your story
You can check those who have seen your stories by clicking on your story icon and tapping on the eye icon that appears just at the bottom left.
How to delete your story
Erase your Instagram story by selecting your story and clicking on the More button at the bottom right of the page. Hit the delete button and your story is gone forever.
How to download Instagram Stories
So, this is what you have been waiting for.
The simple guide on how you can save Instagram stories, in high quality, to any of your devices.
In the next few minutes, you will learn how to successfully download an entire IG story, whether yours or that of others, to your PC, Android or iOS mobile phone.
Download your own Instagram story
It is very easy to save your own Instagram story.
You do not need any third-party app or online software to do this.
- Open your Instagram app.
- Go to the home tab and click on your story icon.
- Click on the More icon at the bottom right of the page.
- Hit the save button.
- Your story should start downloading!
Download Instagram story to Android Mobile Phone
Downloading the Instagram stories of other people is not very straight forward as downloading your own story.
However, I will reveal to you in this section of the tutorial how you can save stories very easily to your camera roll using an Android app.
- Download and install the Instagram story saver app to your Android phone.
- Open the app and log in using your Instagram details.
- Once you log into the app successfully, you will see a page with a list of people you follow on Instagram.
- Tap someone on the list whose story you want to download.
- On the next page, you will see a list of tabs: Post, Story and IGTV.
- Click on the story tab, tap on a story and click on the save icon on the top of the page.
- Your download should begin automatically afterwards!
Save Instagram stories to iPhone
Follow the steps below to easily save the stories of others to your iOS.
- Download and install Story reposter app to your Apple iPhone.
- Open the app and enter your IG details.
- Once you have set up the app correctly, search for the user whose story you want to download.
- Click on that user and a list of stories posted by that user will show up.
- Tap on the story and click on the share icon.
- Select share to camera roll and the story will save directly to your phone storage.
- Please note that you can only download stories from users whose profile is set to public.
Download Instagram stories Online
You can absolutely use a web browser like chrome, firefox or Opera to download stories from Instagram.
The method is as easy as using your phone to download stories.
You can download stories online if you are on PC, or if you prefer not to install third-party apps for such purpose.
Follow the steps below to save Instagram stories online:
- Open Instaview website on your web browser.
- Copy the profile link of the user whose story you want to download.
- Paste it into the horizontal box on the Instaview website and click on the download now button.
- Scroll down a bit after the page refreshes. You will see the profile you entered. Click on the download now button
- Scroll down on the next page and you will see the number of stories the profile have, along with the stories and their download links.
- Tap on download now to save the story.
- You can also see the time the story was published, as well as the time it will expire.
- If the profile doesn’t have a story then you will get an error message.
- You won’t also be able to download the story if the user’s profile is private. In this case, request to follow the user and use the mobile app to download their story when your follow request is accepted.
Instagram stories are very popular and fun; you can use it to your advantage in various ways.
I hope you were able to download Instagram stories to your phone or PC using this tutorial.
Please leave us a contribution or question in the comment section and we will get back to you.
Was I able to help you?
If so, then please don’t forget to share this post with your friends on social media!
Also, read our article on how to download status from WhatsApp.