Finding any WiFi Password on Windows 10 is easy.
It is very beneficial to know the password to the saved network connections on a laptop or desktop computer.
The process that we will be following in this tutorial is not complicated; it is quick and easy.
Three methods will be relevant to any Windows 10 user who wants to know how to see any WiFi password on their computer system.
Let’s get started!
Using the Search bar on Windows 10 to find WiFi Key
Follow the steps below to view a saved WiFi password on your Windows 10 PC.
1. Search for the Control Panel
On the desktop page, click on the search bar and input control panel as a term. You should see the control panel option appear.
2. Open the Control Panel Screen
Click on the control panel option.
3. Select Network and Internet
On the following screen, there should be a list of Control Panel options. Find the Network and Internet option, then click on it.
4. Click on Network and Sharing center
The Network and Internet screen should have a list of some Internet settings. Locate the Network and Sharing centre option, then click on it.
5. Select the WiFi connection
On the following screen, you can view your basic network information and set up connections. If you have an active connection, click on the link next to the connection option to open your network details.
6. Click on the Wireless Properties option
A menu should pop-up on the screen. On that menu, click on the wireless properties option.
7. Select the Network Security Tab
There should be two tabs:
- The network connection tab.
- The network security tab.
Click on the Security tab at the top right corner of the screen.
8. Tick to Reveal the Network Security Key
You will see the network security key bar that contains the WiFi password, click on the tick next to the show characters option to reveal the password or WiFi security key.
Using the Windows 10 Taskbar to see WiFi Password
You can also check your WiFi password using the taskbar on your PC.
1. Right-click on the WiFi icon
On the desktop page, right-click on the WiFi icon. There should be a pop-up of choices to select, click on open network and internet settings.
2. Select Network and Sharing settings
On the following screen, scroll down to the network and sharing settings option, then click it.
3. Click on the WiFi Connection
Click on the link next to the connection options on the basic network information page. The link text should be the name of your WiFi network.
4. Select Wireless Properties
On the pop-up menu, click on wireless properties.
5. Click on the Security Tab
There should be another pop-up menu with the connection and security tab. Click on the Security tab.
6. Tick to Reveal the WiFi Password
Click to tick the show characters option to reveal the WiFi key.
How to Find Saved WiFi Password on Windows 10 using CMD
Follow the steps below to discover the WiFi password of any network that is connected to your Windows 10 PC.
- Launch CMD as administrator.
- Type cd/ and press the enter key on your keyboard.
- Input netsh and click on the enter key again.
- The next step is to input Wlan show profile to display the list of wireless networks that are saved on your computer. Press the enter button on your keyboard.
- Type in Wlan show profiles name=“WiFi name” key=clear. Hit the enter key.
- Input the desired WiFi name with the quotation marks.
- You should see the network details on the screen. Scroll to key content to reveal the WiFi password.
- It should be: “Key content = ” ‘password‘ “
It is very straightforward to see any WiFi password on your Windows 10 PC. All you have to do is follow the steps properly.
I hope this tutorial was useful for you. If you have questions or contributions, please leave a message in the comment section, and we will get back to you.