WhatsApp, one of the world’s most popular instant messaging tool released a feature in February 2017: status.
Note: this is not the very first time we have seen a messaging platform with a status feature.
In fact, Snapchat, Facebook and Instagram have the status feature.
Before I introduce you to the best WhatsApp status downloader for Android and Apple phones,
We shall be reviewing the purpose of WhatsApp status and I also hope to teach people who are new to WhatsApp how to use the status feature.
Let’s hop aboard!
What is the purpose of WhatsApp Status feature?
WhatsApp wanted to give users, like you and I, a feature that lets us share photos, videos, and GIF files with friends on our contact list.
This is the idea that gave birth to the feature!
Please do note that every status you share or view on WhatsApp permanently disappears after 24 hours.
How To Use WhatsApp Status
Are you new to WhatsApp? Do you want to know how to use the status feature?
Then it is best for you to review this section of the article!
How to view or reply a status on WhatsApp
To view status on WhatsApp:
- Open WhatsApp Messenger, click on the status tab and then click on the contact status you want to view.
To reply a status on WhatsApp:
- tap on the reply tab while viewing a contact’s status.
How to disable or enable a contact’s status updates
If you want to ever stop receiving status updates from a certain contact then follow the steps below:
- Click the status option.
- Select and hold the contact’s profile tab.
- A menu will appear, click on mute.
If you ever want to start receiving status updates from a contact you’ve muted then follow the steps below:
- Click on the status tab.
- Go to the bottom of the page having a section for muted contacts.
- Click and hold the contact’s profile you want to unmute.
- Click on the unmute option.
How to make your own WhatsApp status
It is very easy to create a status on WhatsApp. Follow the steps below:
- Open your WhatsApp messenger, select the status tab.
For a word or written status:
- Click on the text icon to write a status update. You can change the background colour, font style or add an emoji or GIFs to your update.
For a video or photo status:
- Tap on the camera icon. From there you can select an image, a video or GIF as a status update. You can also write on the image and modify it as much as you want.
How to forward your status to contacts
If you want to share your status with a particular contact on your list:
- Select the status tab and click on the three-dotted horizontal icon next to your status.
- On the new page, click on the three-dotted vertical icon next to your status and a list of options will appear.
- Click on the forward option. Your contact and group list page will appear.
- Tap on the contacts and groups you want to forward your status to.
How to setup status privacy
If you want to share your status with selected contacts
or want to stop someone in particular from viewing your WhatsApp status without necessarily deleting their contacts
then follow the instructions below:
- Open your WhatsApp messenger App.
- Click on the three-dot vertical icon on the top right corner.
- From the list of options, click on settings.
- On the settings page, select Account.
- Select Privacy while on the Account page,
- On the Privacy page, click on Status.
- On the Status page, select any of the options of your preference.
- Adjust the option to your taste.
How to erase your status on WhatsApp
Do you want to permanently delete your WhatsApp status?
If yes, follow the steps below:
- While your WhatsApp messenger is open, click on the status tab and tap the more option which is a three horizontal dot icon.
- The first status that shows up under the tab will be your latest status update. Click on the three-dot vertical icon next to it.
- From the options that pop up, tap on delete.
How to download WhatsApp text, image or video status on Android
Here’s the deal you’ve probably been waiting for.
I will be teaching you the proper steps to take in order to download the status of your contacts from WhatsApp to your Android mobile phone.
1. Download and install Status saver for Whatsapp
Download and install Status saver APK from the Google Playstore. This is my recommended WhatsApp status downloader.
2. Launch the app
Open the app and grant it storage permissions.
You will see two tabs. One tab has images and another tab has videos.
3. How to Download status
Click on the image and it will open in full-screen mode.
Tap the plus icon on the screen and a list of options will appear.
Select the save option and your image should be saved to your gallery.
Click on the video tab. A video grid of your contacts’ status should appear.
Hold on any video until it is highlighted, then click on the save icon (usually looks like a floppy disk).
The video should be saved to your gallery.
How to download WhatsApp status to iPhone or iOS
1. Uninstall WhatsApp
Uninstall your regular WhatsApp Messenger.
2. Register your iPhone on Builds
Click on this link to open the buildstore on your iPhone. Register your iOS to download apps on your iOS without a jailbreak.
3. Launch the web browser
Open your browser. It could be Safari, Chrome or Firefox.
4. Download WhatsApp++
Download WhatsApp++ for your iPhone. Install the app once the download is done.
5. Register or Log into WhatsApp
Open the App and register or log in to your account. Spend the next two or three minutes on the setup.
6. Download a status
Click on the Status tab and select a status. Click on the button on the top right corner of your screen to download the status.
7. Select the save location
Select the location you want to download the status to then hit the download button.
Your status will begin to download.
I hope that you were able to download your favourite WhatsApp status using this tutorial.
I also hope that it was easy for you to use the WhatsApp status downloader that I included in this guide.
Do you have any challenges or contributions?
Drop us a comment below and we will keep in touch with you.
Share this article with your friends!
You can also read our guide on how you can download Instagram stories.